Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 19317: /trunk/gtk/ /trunk/gtk/: gtkv

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:48:50 +0200
Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Sun, Sep 24, 2006 at 08:37:30PM +0000, ulfl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Log:
 instead of simply removing G_BEGIN_DECLS (maybe someone wants to use it in a c++ project), use an #if GTK_MAJOR_VERSION >= 2 around all definitions. This will also make it clear that this widget won't work with gtk 1.x

Either we set up a policy to make things compatible to c++ or we don't.
In case we don't, this is just bloat. In case we do, the other things
might need fixing as well (or has this already been done?)

Opinions?
This is slightly different.

The GtkVuMeter is a "full fledged" GTK widget which "can live on it's own" (in fact it's the only real GTK widget we currently have). This widget can be used in a generic way.

All the other GTK code we have is very specific to Wireshark, so there's no need to specially export something in this case.

So no, it's not bloat - but intentional ...

Regards, ULFL