Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Ethereal 0.10.11 vs WireShark 0.99.3

From: Bill Fassler <bill.fassler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:02:59 -0700 (PDT)
Now that the test and debug team are using my plugin they had to switch from Ethereal to Wireshark and they are complaining because Ethereal seems to remember (saves) the settings and preferences for capture options and they all have to reset them manually every time they launch Wireshark.

Why doesn't wireshark save preferences and settings like Ethereal does?

Bill