Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] fopen vs. eth_fopen

From: Andrew Feren <acferen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:02:38 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx> wrote:

> Shelly Cadora wrote:
> > Haven't given up yet!

Oh Good!  Maybe you'll solve it before I finish fighting a different fire and
come back to work on this problem again.
;-)

> > I compiled wireshark 0.99.4 with MSVC 2005 Express, but it crashed
> > every time it tried to read a file opened with eth_fopen.  So I
> > experimented by changing all the eth_fopen calls to fopen.  Now the
> > program runs.

[ snip ]

> I don't know for sure but that sounds like the zlib problem mentioned
> before.
>
> See http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/MSVC7 if you can find a
> solution, never done this myself.

The above link doesn't mention what symptoms you will see if you don't build
zlib.  However, I did build zlib as described and am seeing the same problem.
 I've been wondering if perhaps I need to build all of the required libs, but
it sounds like others have gotten this working without doing so.

-Andrew

-Andrew Feren
 acferen@xxxxxxxxx