Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] fopen vs. eth_fopen

From: Shelly Cadora <scadora@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:55:52 -0700 (PDT)
Haven't given up yet!

I compiled wireshark 0.99.4 with MSVC 2005 Express, but it crashed every time it tried to read a file opened with eth_fopen.  So I experimented by changing all the eth_fopen calls to fopen.  Now the program runs.

But the problem is that I cannot open files!

If I try to start a capture, I get an error saying "The file to which the capture would be save ("D:\DOCUME~1\scadora\LOCALS~1\Temp\etherXXXXE46EGT") could not be opened: No error."  That file does get created in the correct directory, but apparently it can't be opened for some reason.  If I try to open an existing capture file, I just get "The file "D:\[snip]" could not be opened: no error."

I assume I've gotten myself in this mess because I changed the eth_fopen calls.  Feels like a catch-22 -- eth_fopen causes a crash, but fopen doesn't work either.

I'm about to enter the Slough of Despond here, so if anybody has any suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Shelly

Do you Yahoo!?