Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Patch to packet-tcp.h

From: Peter Johansson <Peter.xc.Johansson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:04:31 +0200
Oh, I see. Sorry, must have missed that before.
What Jaap writes in http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-dev/200604/msg00097.html is true, however IMHO I see no reason why not to fix this problem in this file (packet-tcp.h) right now. Why let Wireshark be Windows-app-development-a-like (you have to inlcude windows.h before including winsock2.h)? But I guess that it should be added to the Wiki wishlist that cleaning up include dependencies is a task to perform for anyone at will...

Regards, Peter

Anders Broman wrote:
Hi,
The last time this was asked it was answered:
http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-dev/200604/msg00097.html
Hi,

There doesn't seem to be a coding rule within the Ethereal code base that
states that a header file itself must include the header files it depends
on. If it is we have a whole lot of work to do...

Thanx,
Jaap