Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] newbie build problem with python ->gnutls/openssl.h

From: Andrew Feren <acferen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 10:56:12 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Cook, Timothy" <tcook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What's your build environment details?  It's hard to give relevant
> answers without more background info!

Oops should have included that info.

> For example:
>
> 1. Win32 with CYGWIN?

Win32 (XP Home if it matters) with Cygwin.

> 2. What version of MS VC++?
I'm using the free tools.  I'm looking for a copy of MSVC6, but no luck yet.

# Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 7.10.3077
# Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Standard Compiler Version 13.10.3077 for 80x86

> 3. What version of Wireshark source, SVN (when updated last?) or 0.99.3
> tar ball?

latest svn checkout.  Claims to be 0.99.4
I have been updating at least daily while I have been trying to get this
build to work.  For now I am building exactly what svn gives me.  Once I get
it working I'll copy the files I'm working on over from my Linux box and add
those changes.

> 4. Were you able successfully build before changes?

Nope.  Anything including openssl.h wouldn't build.

-Andrew

-Andrew Feren
 acferen@xxxxxxxxx