Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] tshark fails to capture packet on IB interface

From: "Sharma, Karun" <ksharma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 08:41:52 -0400
Hi:

I am trying to capture packets on Infiniband interface but getting error (see below). tshark is working fine for eth0 interface. I am using 0.99.4 version and RHEL4 up3 x86_64 machine.
Is there any known solution/workaround for this issue? Can you please send me a patch to solve this issue.

Thanks
Karun

[root@st73 ~]# tshark -i ib0
tshark: The capture session could not be initiated (ioctl: Value too large for defined data type).
Please check to make sure you have sufficient permissions, and that you have
the proper interface or pipe specified.
[root@st73 ~]#
[root@st73 ~]# tshark -v
TShark 0.99.4-SVN-19018
Copyright 1998-2006 Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> and contributors.
Compiled with GLib 2.4.7, with libpcap 0.8.3, with libz 1.2.1.2,
without libpcre, without UCD-SNMP or Net-SNMP, without ADNS, without Lua.
NOTE: this build doesn't support the "matches" operator for Wireshark filter
syntax.
Running with libpcap version 0.8.3 on Linux 2.6.9-34.ELsmp.
[root@st73 ~]#