Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Need info of "recently" added: GNUTLS, KFW, NETTLE, LUA and

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:30:47 +1000
The Kerberos decryption has been available on unix for several years and are built in by default
as long as automagic finds either standard heimdal or standard mit kerberos libraries during the build.

I think virtually all unix/linux hosts come with either of these by default today.

The Kerberos For Windows is just a port of MIT Kerberos for the windows platform

On 9/12/06, Ulf Lamping < ulf.lamping@xxxxxx> wrote:
ronnie sahlberg wrote:
> KFW
>
> what it is:
> Kerberos For Windows. A port of MIT Kerberos for the windows platform.
>
> what it is used for:
> It provides support to decrypt Kerberos, sealed DCERPC and secureLDAP.
>
> unix version: kfw is not used on unix builds.

Is it called differently, or is no Kerberos (and alike) dissection
available on *NIX platforms?

Regards, ULFL