Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Cannot use make setup with proxy on Win32?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 22:23:04 +0200
Lars Ruoff wrote:
Hi, i'm trying to run nmake -f Makefile.nmake setup on a WinXP with the 0.99.3a tar sources.
cygwin wget is intsalled and runs properly.
But how do i specify the proxy and parameters (authenthication)?
I tried defining a HTTP_PROXY environment variable to ipaddress:port and added a --proxy-user=xxx --proxy-password=yyy in the win32-setup.sh but it still doesn't use the proxy (HTTP request goes out directly => is unanswered).
How do i specify it?

There might be other ways:

I've used wget from cygwin. Edit (or create) the .wgetrc file in the cygwin home dir and add:

http_proxy = http://yourproxy.com:1234/

And more important: comment out the line 54 of

win32-setup.sh

       #use_proxy="-Y off"

I'm thinking about keeping this line commented, as it doesn't seem to make sense to me, why would you *prevent* wget from using a proxy ...

Regards, ULFL