Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] GPG signature for the downloads: 404

From: "Robin Munn" <rmunn@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 15:30:19 +0100
http://www.wireshark.org/download.html points to a signatures file at
http://www.wireshark.org/download/SIGNATURES-0.99.3.txt, but that URL
is 404-compliant. Nor could I find the signatures file anywhere in the
http://www.wireshark.org/download/ tree.

On that subject, it would also be nice to get the gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
GPG key signed by a few other (well-known) keys, to eliminate the
possibility of someone inserting Trojaned binaries onto the
wireshark.org site with a corresponding self-signed but fake
"gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" GPG key to go along with them.

Thanks, BTW, for making Ethereal/Wireshark such a useful tool. There
have been several times when it's saved me *hours* of headscratching
over some network problem. Now it's the first thing I fire up when I
want to troubleshoot any kind of weird network behavior. Congrats on
making such an excellent tool!

--
Robin Munn
rmunn@xxxxxxxxx