Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Playing with cmake

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 14:05:35 +0200
Hello List,

I've been playing with cmake in order to find out, whether replacing
autofoo+configure by cmake is an option. The work has just started and
it looks (mostly) promising so far. I think it's way too early to
seriously think about replacing our current build system, but if there
is any interest by someone else in evaluating this with me, I'd like to
add the cmake stuff to the svn repo (not the tar-archives) in order to
make the development/testing process more transparent and enable others
to play with it also.
I've attached a tar file with the current state of my work, which only
manages to build libwiretap and dumpcap so far (with some hacks ;-)

Why is cmake (http://www.cmake.org/) an interesting option to replace
autofoo + configure? I've put some rudimentary points into a
README.cmake in the tar.

 ciao
       Joerg