Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissecting a specific layer (the application layer)

From: "Gilbert Ramirez" <gram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:07:54 -0500
You have a new link-layer, the HTTP-request link-layer. You'd have to
support that in wiretap, so that wiretap can pass wireshark this data.

Then set things up so that the frame dissector in packet-frame.c calls
your http_request dissector when the HTTP-request link-layer is seen.

I suspect you'll also need a new file format, or at least a modified
one, to be supported in wiretap.

--gilbert