Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] newbie building on cygwin, windows... can't find pcap

From: Andrew Schweitzer <a.schweitzer.grps@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:11:48 -0400
Graeme Lunt wrote:
On 8/28/06, Andrew Schweitzer <a.schweitzer.grps@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Does anyone out there use Cygwin only for windows development?

I did all my development under "cygwin only" for the last 12 months.
However recently a number of patches have broken it and I was spending
too much time fixing these problems.

I also got the impression I was in a minority of one given the
feedback I (and others) got from questions to the list.

So I have unfortunately had to ditch "cygwin only" and go MSVC6.

Graeme

P.S. If you still want to try this route I can dig around and see what
I did for libpcap.

Thanks, I set up VC6.