Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Anyone of the developers going to support Win98 (and alike)

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 10:37:16 -0700
On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 04:22:28AM +0200, Andreas Fink wrote:

> Once this has completed I'l put up another Installer for wireshark
> 0.99.3a for MacOS X so the MacOS X users don't have to go through
> building 21 packages and spend hours and hours.

I installed Wireshark/Ethereal from Darwin Ports so it took care of the
dependencies, then I laid out my source code to develop with.  You have
similar issues with dependencies on other non-Linux operating systems
such as FreeBSD :(.

There is a version of Gimp available called Gimp.app that is built with
a tool called Platypus.  It lets you set up a script to start a program
(such as setting DISPLAY to :0.0 then launching the executable file) and
package it along with dependencies into a .app suitable for running from
the /Applications folder in OS X.

Steve