Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Anyone of the developers going to support Win98 (and alike)

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 11:03:38 +0000
If no one else wants to support gtk1   I can do that.
As long as no one actively tries to break gtk1   it shouldnt be too
difficult.   Or at least  ill try to keep it compileable and workable
until it is too much work and ill have to switch to gtk2.

I.e. leaving gtk1 as unsupported and only support gtk2 officially
with the note :  gtk1 might compile maybe if your lucky but dont open
bugs for it and dont count on it.

or are we talking about dropping support for gtk1  and therefore also
removing the existing gtk1 code from the codebase?

(i have no choice since my old pc is too slow and does not have enough
diskspace to install or use gtk2.
i know i know. its obsolete and i should buy a new cheap modern pc
but even just the though of spending my own hard earnt cash on a
computer gives me chest pains.    yes i am that cheap.:-) )