Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Will we get the "display filter field reference" back anytim

From: Sake Blok <sake@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:27:10 +0200
On Tue, Aug 29, 2006 at 12:13:26AM +0200, Ulf Lamping wrote:

> Since the switch to Wireshark, we've lost the online display filter
> field reference, which should reside at (e.g.):
>
> "http://www.wireshark.org/docs/dfref/t/tcp";.
>
> Will we get this reference "back" online in a reasonable amount of time,
> or should we note this loss at some of the documentation places?

What actions will be needed to move this content, I could download
these pages from the ethereal-site with wget and perform some
substitutions (like change supported version-numbers).
That way we would have most of the content online in no time
(assuming somebody can add the new pages to the wireshark webserver).

If there is more involved and the content is put on wireshark *after*
a new release is coming out, it might be wise to add a popup to
this function stating that the content is not on wireshark. A link
to the content on www.ethereal.com would be handy in that window :)

Cheers,

Sake