Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] newbie building on cygwin, windows... can't find pcap

From: Andrew Schweitzer <a.schweitzer.grps@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 12:43:28 -0400
Ulf Lamping wrote:
-----Ursprï¿œngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet: 28.08.06 16:50:12
An: wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: [Wireshark-dev] newbie building on cygwin, windows... can't find pcap

I'm trying to build Wireshark on a Windows PC, but I only have VC7, which as far as I can tell, won't work. So I am trying to build everything purely under cygwin. Does anyone do that? Or do must people install VC6 and cobble together the right tools?

When I try to build, configure discovers that I don't have pcap.h. Searching around a bit on the net, I didn't seem to find a pcap for cygwin, although I did see some people suggesting some complicated ways to get winpcap to build.

How have people solved this in the past?

The "main line" is still using MSVC V6, see the Developer's Guide for details.

I will go investigate that document further. I did spend some time looking at it and I figured out that VC6 was supported, but wasn't entirely sure on how (or if?) Cygwin integrated with VC6.

Does anyone out there use Cygwin only for windows development?

If so, does anyone know how to get libpcap for Cygwin?

Regards, ULFL

Viren-Scan fï¿œr Ihren PC! Jetzt fï¿œr jeden. Sofort, online und kostenlos.