Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] newbie building on cygwin, windows... can't find pcap

From: Andrew Schweitzer <a.schweitzer.grps@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:12:13 -0400
I'm trying to build Wireshark on a Windows PC, but I only have VC7, which as far as I can tell, won't work. So I am trying to build everything purely under cygwin. Does anyone do that? Or do must people install VC6 and cobble together the right tools?

When I try to build, configure discovers that I don't have pcap.h. Searching around a bit on the net, I didn't seem to find a pcap for cygwin, although I did see some people suggesting some complicated ways to get winpcap to build.

How have people solved this in the past?

Thanks,

Andy