Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] help on using asn2wrs

From: "Anders Broman \(AL/EAB\)" <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:56:54 +0200
Hi,
Can you be more specific?

If you use the umts_rrc dissector as an example
Copy the files from
/asn1/umts_rrc to /asn1/"my_proto" change umts_rrc/UMTS_RRC to "my_proto/MY_PROTO" in all places
Change "asn2wrs.py -u -e -p" in the makefile to reflect your options
and do a trial make to generate the .c files (in the asn1/my_proto dir) you then have to edit the makefile.common in /epan/protocols to add your dissector and copy the generated files there or
do nmake -f makefile.nmake copy_files on windows.

What protocol are you going to do a dissector for?

Best regards
Anders