Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Anyone of the developers going to support Win98 (and alike)

Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 15:32:48 +0200
On Sat, 2006-08-26 at 14:32 +0200, Ulf Lamping wrote:
> Hi List!
>
> The current situation of Win98/95/ME (and Nt 4.0) support is
> unsatisfactory IMHO.

I assume this is due to the request from Tor Lillqvist on the GTK list
to drop support for those platforms in upcoming GTK releases.

I am all for moving to GTK > 2.8 and drop any platform that isn't
supported by it.

A question; would the text-only version still work ? If not could win98
still use tcpdump and capture stuff on a win9x machine but than do the
dissecting with a Wireshark on a real OS ? "Solutions" like that might
make it less painful for those poor souls still stuck with those old
platforms :-)

- Erwin