Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] asn1: New MPEG dissector

From: "Shaun Jackman" <sjackman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 22:02:56 -0600
On 8/25/06, ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can you change the wiretap reader file to
1, add a GPL banner

Will do.

in the wiretap files
1, dont read sizeof unsigned  bytes
unsigned may differ between platforms and compilers    hardcode the
exact number of bytes to read instead

Of course. I should know better.

2, dont read straight into a bitfield struct.
c does not define the packing order or padding of fields in a bitfield
and this would be nonportable.
please change to read into an array of char and then add code to
manually unmarshall it into the fields of the bitfield

Ugh. Can do, but that's a pain. It's a real shame bitfield order is
not specified. In this case, I'd like to put the accesor macros in a
header file for use by both the wiretap and the dissector. Should the
header file live in the root directory?

Cheers,
Shaun