Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wiretap: New MPEG file format

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 00:39:16 +0000
yes   but then the asn1/mpeg makefile should be changed to not
copy_files to the epan/dissectors directory.

the dissector is currently a mixture of half plugin and half normal dissector.

my view is that if it is a plugin dissector then it should be
selfcontained in the plugins/mpeg directory  including keeping the asn
definitions there.

On 8/25/06, didier <dgautheron@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,
On ven, 2006-08-25 at 16:07 -0600, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> On 8/25/06, ronnie sahlberg <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Can you add the GPL boilerplate to some of the files that are missing
it.

> Yes. Can do.
>
> > Why do you create a mpeg plugin directory?
> > To me it looks like an normal dissector generated by asn2wrs and as
> > such it is not a plugin.   am i missing something?
>
> I do use asn2wrs to create packet-mpeg.c, but I built it as a plugin.
> It could be built as a normal dissector though. Is a normal dissector
> preferred to a plugin?
MPEG2? a plugin is fine for this one...

Didier