Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Ethereal-dev] QSIG Support

From: "Andrew Halperin \(ahalper\)" <ahalper@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:37:59 -0700
This would be very useful to A LOT of folks around here as well. Any plans to support Q.SIG?

-Andrew

Ref:
 John Neiberger wrote:
I would really love to see support for Q.SIG in Ethereal and I didn't
see it on the current wish list. The Wiki page said to check here
before adding anything to the wish list, so I'm checking.

Congratulation! You're the first one I know that actually follow the "official" process :-)

This is just to prevent invalid and/or duplicate entries.

I don't know anything about Q.SIG, you may just add it to the WishList.
As an FYI, my company is about to roll out a fairly large IP telephony
project that will involve a lot of Q.SIG interaction. It would be
extremely helpful to be able to span that traffic over to Ethereal for
analysis
You may start a new Wiki page about this protocol and include a trace file and the protocol specs, making it much more likely that it will be implemented.

However, there are no guarantees that it actually will be implemented at all, until you do the job yourself or find someone to do it.

Regards, ULFL