Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Using GNU Compiler & Project Debugger on Wiindows XP

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 23:33:53 +0200
Cook, Timothy wrote:
Hi All - We recently received new PCs and upgraded from MS VC++ v6 to .net 2005. My question is: Has anyone compiled Wireshark with .net 2005 (without changing the source!) or Cygwin GNU compiler & Project debugger? We intend to distribute Wireshark package to customers for support issues. Any information will be greatly appreciated. -Tim

Not that I know of, see: http://wiki.wireshark.org/Development/MSVC7 (I don't know if the info is still accurate)

Some people reported to successfully compiled under cygwin GCC, but with some source tweaking when I remember correct.

As I'm still using MSVC 6 I cannot tell you anything more detailed.

Regards, ULFL