Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] FW: ANSI MAP / TCAP dissector hooks

From: Bruce Fitzsimons <Bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:29:27 +1200
Andreas Fink wrote:
>>> I have attached a capture file with the following:
>>>
>>> SCTP
>>> M2UA
>>> MTP3 (ITU)
>>> SCCP
>>> TCAP (ANSI)
>>> ANSI MAP
>
> I think no one expects this type of stack because ANSI MAP usually
> rides on ANSI MTP3, not ITU MTP3.
> So you obviously have a mixed case here which was not foreseen.
I can confirm that this case is relatively common; CDMA networks in
non-US carriers for example.

I would support a single TCAP SSN -> protocol upward linking list. The
current downward linking (one way) means it isn't even possible to
validate what other dissectors are after your data (at config time, at
least). Is this a generically solved problem? The semantics for all the
protocols linking into TCP/IP for example?

Regards,
Bruce