Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Minor patch to CDP dissector

From: "Anders Broman" <a.broman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 22:32:30 +0200
Checked in.
Brg
Anders

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] För Stephen Fisher
Skickat: den 17 augusti 2006 19:56
Till: wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ämne: [Wireshark-dev] Minor patch to CDP dissector

I recently submitted a patch (which was committed) to add the device id
and port id to the info column in the CDP dissector.  I had left "Cisco
Discovery Protocol" in the info column from before.  After using it on
multiple computers, I noticed that the device and port id doesn't always
fit on the screen.  Since it already says CDP in the protocol column and
Cisco Discovery Protocol in the tree, the attached patch removes the
redundant "Cisco Discovery Protocol" from the info column:

Before:

  Cisco Discovery Protocol  Device ID: myswitch.domain.com  Port ID:
GigabitEthernet3/17

After:

  Device ID: myswitch.domain.com  Port ID: GigabitEthernet3/17

Thanks,
  Steve