Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Solaris buildbot complains about zlib

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:49:00 -0500
Guy Harris wrote:
> On Aug 14, 2006, at 1:25 PM, Gerald Combs wrote:
>
>> It looks like the auto* packages needed to be updated.
>
> I.e., the X11 on the Solaris buildbot machine *doesn't* have the
> crufty old zlib?  (I.e., it either has a shiny new zlib or relies on
> zlib being present in the system environment?)
>
> If so, any idea what auto* bug caused that problem?

No idea.  At some point the "pkginfo" files in a couple of Blastwave
packages managed to get corrupted.  When I tried to upgrade Blastwave
recently, processing failed partway through and the zlib failures
started.  Once the pkginfo problem was straightened out, the upgrade
completed successfully and the zlib problem went away (and the Net-SNMP
problem started).

X11 appears to rely on the system environment.  There's no zlib in
/usr/openwin/lib/, but there's one in /usr/lib.  It and the zlib in
/opt/csw/lib both appear to have gzgets() which is what Wireshark's
"configure" script looks for.