Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] compiling wireshark without msvc

From: "Manuel Jung" <klaus84@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 09:15:18 +0200
Ulf Lamping wrote:
>It should be possible to use plugins compiled under cygwin with the official >Wireshark version, at least I don't see any reason against it. It's simply a >DLL which is loaded from a specific directory.
>
>However, please note that the plugin ABI isn't stable, so you need a plugin >compiled together with the same version of Wireshark than of the plugin.
>
>Please also note that the compilation under cygwin isn't well supported, >some reported success while others failed (and I can't help you with this).
>
>regards, ULFL

I tried it again, but ethereal says:"could not load module..." after I copied the cygwin compiled plugin into the plugin directory of the win32 ethereal version.
The cygwin compiled plugin has a size of about 100kb and the msvc compiled plugin has one of about 70kb, so there is a difference between the plugins. Does somebody know another possibility to compile a plugin with free tools to use it with the win32 version of ethereal?

Ideal f�r Modem und ISDN: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer