Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Ideas regarding bug 1025?

From: Neil Piercy <Neil.Piercy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 19:20:24 +0100 (BST)
Quoting Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>:
> Of course this bug should be fixed and I guess you got the right place
> for the bugzilla entry (Tor Lillquist may respond in a few days).
>
> BTW: Did you noticed my comment at "our" bugzilla entry?
I have now ;-)

Actually, although the patch I suggested fixed the immediate problem, I'm not at
all convinced that the I?64 formats are handled properly by vasnprintf - the
HAVE_INT64_AND_I64 define appears not to be in anywhere near enough places,
whereas the HAVE_LONG_LONG usage looks original and OK. Interestingly I've now
noticed the makefile for the gnulib files includes a -DHAVE_LONG_LONG_FORMAT,
which looks like a failed attempt to cope on Windows. That, and the fact that
your suggestion isolates the fix to wireshark code makes it very attractive.

Neil