Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark-0.99.2 and OpenBSD 3.9

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 17:14:08 -0700

On Aug 10, 2006, at 2:45 PM, Stephen Fisher wrote:

On Wed, Jul 26, 2006 at 12:43:38PM -0600, John McDermott wrote:

Can you please post the appropriate changes to README.bsd to describe
what you did so other users can try that, too?

I have attached a patch for README.bsd that describes in more detail how
to compile and install Wireshark.

I've checked that in (with some additional material in the BPF section - it appears top-of-tree {Free,Net,Open}BSD all dynamically allocate BPF data structures on opens, so if they do cloning and/or have devfs, no configuration should be necessary as long as they all configure in BPF by default; I didn't see "pseudo-device bpf" in the top-of-tree GENERIC file for OpenBSD - did I miss something?).

It is geared toward compiling from a
distribution tarball - should I put the instructions or doing it from
SVN in there also (setting autoconf/make versions, running autogen,
gmake, etc.)?

No, that probably belongs in the Developer's Guide (most users won't be building from SVN).