Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Help for a patch

From: "Giorgio Tino" <giorgio.tino@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 14:36:24 -0700
Hello,

I've a trivial problem trying to create a patch for Wireshark, win32. I'm using Tortoise SVN. I have made changes in the / directory, in the /gtk directory and I've added some files in / , /gtk and /image/toolbar. I had to change the Makefile.* files in both / and /gtk folders to include new files. On my machine I've got two wireshark folders, at the same level, one called 'wireshark' containing the wireshark version 18860 AND my changes, the other that is called 'wireshark_try_to_patch' that is just the fresh download of wireshark version 18860. If I create a patch from the wireshark folder, using "right click -> TortoiseSVN -> Create Patch... " and then I try to apply (again "right click -> TortoiseSVN -> Apply Patch...") on the wireshark_try_to_patch folder, I've got a problem. It seems that the merge tool doesn't distinguish /Makefile.common from /gtk/Makefile.common, and doesn't patch the first one. It tells me that this file has been found twice, and to check if the folder I'm trying to patch is the right one... I think it is, cause I've tried to read through the .pach file and those two files have different paths... But it doesn't work... The only thing that works is to create three different patches, one for the / directory files only, one for the /gtk and another one for the image/toolbar... and apply them... I'm sure that I'm missing somenthing very very trivial, but I don't know what... I think Tortoise should be able to create the right patch and that there is no need to create  a different one for each modified folder, but it seems that I don't know how... can someone help me? Thanks!

GT