Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Firewall ACL

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 07:28:33 +0000
Can you try the automated build from latest svn?

It is available for win32 on that.

On 8/9/06, Dan Morin <dmorin4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi guys and gals,

I am a HUGE fan of Wireshark, as well as its former counterpart, Ethereal.

I had just updated to Wireshark and was perusing the documentation and
discovered a neat feature documented.  That is the Firewall ACL Rules under
Analyze.

There's only one problem: the option doesn't exist in the actual product.  I
searched everywhere I could think of in your site to find out what is up,
but found nothing.

So, what is up with Firewire ACL?

Also, I understand that the pre-capture filter needs to be different than
the post-capture since the pre-capture is passed on to PCap, but when are
you going to develop a decent GUI to set it up?  It is a pain having to
remember new CLI like strings.

Thanks,

Dan