Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Firewall ACL

From: "Dan Morin" <dmorin4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 19:24:18 -0400

Hi guys and gals,

I am a HUGE fan of Wireshark, as well as its former counterpart, Ethereal.

I had just updated to Wireshark and was perusing the documentation and discovered a neat feature documented.  That is the Firewall ACL Rules under Analyze.

There’s only one problem: the option doesn’t exist in the actual product.  I searched everywhere I could think of in your site to find out what is up, but found nothing.

So, what is up with Firewire ACL?

Also, I understand that the pre-capture filter needs to be different than the post-capture since the pre-capture is passed on to PCap, but when are you going to develop a decent GUI to set it up?  It is a pain having to remember new CLI like strings.

Thanks,

Dan