Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Patch] to fix DTD parsing problem

Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 00:56:34 +0200
On 7/26/06, Martin Mathieson <martin.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Martin Mathieson wrote:
>
> > name           [A-Za-z][-a-z0-9_]*[-a-zA-Z0-9_]*
>
> Wouldn't
>
> [A-Za-z][-a-zA-Z0-9_]*
>
> suffice?  ([...]* matches zero or more occurrences, and [-a-zA-Z0-9_] is
> a superset of [a-z0-9_].)

That would have been the obvious fix to make in the first place, I was
lazily assuming it hadn't worked (and there was some grumbling about crashes
with some versions of lex/flex...).

Your simpler version works for me.

I don't have the original DTD file with the names beginning with caps, bug I
just nobbled one or 2 fields of an existing file.  The parsing doesn't fail,
but the capitalisation doesn't show in the Filter Expression editor with
either version.  I don't know if it would be able to match the filter with a
field that showed the capitalisation...

All names are lowercased and the matching done by the dissector is caseless.

Anyway, I think your version should be applied.

Committed revision 18795.

-- Marshall McLuhan