Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Patch] Re: capture from a fifo
From: Richard van der Hoff <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 14:38:52 +0100
Richard van der Hoff wrote:
[tshark from a fifo]
Ulf - I notice you made the relevant change here (r16787) - is there any reason why tshark shouldn't use capture_loop_dispatch to do its processing, rather than attempting to use cap_pipe_dispatch or pcap_dispatch directly?
well, there didn't seem to be, so I've made a patch which does exactly
this, and which fixes the problem.
I've even gone so far as to add a unit test for it :).

Please could this be applied?

oh, this patch also fixes a segfault in dumpcap's signal handler when
you stop capturing from a fifo. I meant to submit it separately - but,
well, it's done now...
Cheers

Rich

--
Richard van der Hoff <[email protected]>
Telephony Gateways Project Manager