Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Ethereal to Wireshark issues

From: "Graham Bloice" <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 09:45:04 +0100

> I rebuilt Wireshark to see if I could find any errors in the build.  I
> came across a few things.

<SNIP>

>         rm -rf 0.99.2
>

> It actually removes the 0.99.2 directory after it builds the plug-ins.
> And the whole "Cannot find module" error looks very similar to the error
> I get at run time.   Any thoughts?

On windows, you can't run Wireshark from the build directory.  The makefiles
temporarily create an environment that can run the exe to generate some docs
etc., then destroy it.

I have a batch file that I run after building that copies all the dll's and
exe's to the appropriate places that a previous standard install has created
and I then run the app from there.

You can also install nsis and make an installer, but that takes a lot longer
than just copying the executables.

Graham