Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] conflict when built with OpenSSL on Mac OS X

Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:56:56 +0200
I noticed that when I build --with-ssl wireshark cannot read any file.

If I compile without it works OK.

We had a "similar" report on Solaris where WS crashed when reading the
DTDs as soon as the reporter build it --without-ssl it worked.

I did not further dig into the issue.

My question is what is OpenSSL used for?
Can we replace it with GnuTLS?
What needs to be modified to drop this dep?
Does someone else wants to help me in getting rid of OpenSSL?

Luis.

-- Marshall McLuhan