Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Dissector for H1 protocol not called

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 15:45:32 +0800

Hi list,

Thomas Boehne wrote:
On Thursday 20 July 2006 12:06, Jeff Morriss wrote:
If I set the TCP preference "Try heuristic dissectors first?" then the
"nok" file shows up as H1 for me.

This works for me too, thanks!

The "nok" file has a TCP segment between ports 1030 and 2000.  Looking in:

we can see that port 2000 is registered to "Cisco SCCP" which Wireshark
has a dissector for (it's called "Skinny" in Wireshark).  Sure enough,
"packet-skinny.c" is not a new style dissector (it returns void), so
it's what's eating your packet.

The attached patch makes the Skinny dissector "new style". Please consider it for inclusion.