Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark_0.99.2-1_i386.changes REJECTED

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 22:19:41 +0200
Gerald Combs wrote:
merge.c: missing license info, but based on ethereal work
mergecap.c: idem
Ok, I had a look at editcap.c, mergecap.c and merge.c

editcap.c was implemented by Richard Sharpe and Guy Harris, later improved by others.
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi/trunk/editcap.c?view=log

mergecap.c was derived from editcap.c
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi/trunk/mergecap.c?view=log

merge.c was derived by me from mergecap.c

I wouldn't have any problems to put merge.c under the GPL license, although most of the work is derived from mergecap, so I'm not the real author in the "narrow sense".

Regards, ULFL