Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark_0.99.2-1_i386.changes REJECTED

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 10:22:50 +0000
On 7/19/06, Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The Debian package approval process turned up several source files in
the  Wireshark distribution that don't have explicit licenses.  With the
exception of in_cksum.h, is there any reason these shouldn't be GPLed?

> snprintf.h:
>   no license info (but most probably GPL, like snprintf.c)

  [ Do we still need snprintf*.[ch]?  We appear to use g_snprintf()
    everywhere. ]

I dont think we do.

I just recompiled wireshark after removing all snprintf references
from the build and it appears to work fine.
(i dont compile with pcap nor do i compile with plugins   but those
should be minor issues and easy to fix if required)

i have checked in a patch that removes out donated snprintf from the sources

many thanks for the debian people for pointing out this dead code