Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Kismet protocol dissector

From: "ronnie sahlberg" <ronniesahlberg@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:00:58 +0000
hi
checked in.

i reindented your patch and changed some stuff like space between a
function name and the '('

for the next patch,  please send it as a unified diff against current
svn instead of the entire file   so it is easier to review.

i made some changes as removing the spaces between the function names
and the '('

i also reindented the patch to use a full tab  for each level of
indentation,   2 spaces is way too little
(if using full tab means that the code gets indented off the right
edge of the screen   this means :  "now is a good time to refactor the
code into subroutines to make it more readable".)

inside the while loop  after the if(linelen) test is a good place
where the "indentation shifted code off the screen" would suggest a
good place to replace the code with a subroutine.

On 7/13/06, Krzysztof Burghardt <krzysztof@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> wiki.wireshark.org/SampleCaptures  and then link to these captures
[...]
> can you move them to /SampleCaptures and link there from the protocol page

Sure, done.

> You put the braces for compound statement differently from the rest of
wireshark coding style
> which (most of the time/often) is
>    if (expression)  {

Ups, I did it again ;->
It's fixed now (indent -gnu -br). Patch attached.

> Ports only become WellKnown if it is IANA that assigns them.

Right, fixed this in wiki.

Regards,
--
Krzysztof Burghardt <krzysztof@xxxxxxxxxxxx>