Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Last thing before release?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 12:36:35 +0200

I would think that we already have some "import" wizardry already in the way we read preferences and alike files.

Why not something like this for the personal preferences files:

Writing: No problem, simply write it where it should be for Wireshark (<Profile>\Wireshark\...)

Reading: First, try to read at the place where it should be. If that failed, try to read at the old Ethereal place

This can be done each time the file is read in, it won't be too slow IMHO.

Having a wizard for this seems a bit overloaded, the user don't need to be asked for this, again IMHO.

Most users I've met doesn't work with the global preferences files, so not need for a "wizardry way" here.

Regards, ULFL

http://smartsurfer.web.de/?mc=100071&distributionid=000000000071