Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] call other dissectors out of a dissector

From: "Almer Hell" <almertje@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 10:28:32 +0200
Hello

I'm working on a dissector(-plugin) and now finally got to the
payload. The protocol is testy, made by the company I'm intern on.
(German: "Praktikant". Is a person who want to know about some job
specifics and "works" for (usual) no money for a couple weeks/months
in a company.)

In the payload there are some protocol specific things that I must
dissect by my self but there are two payloads that are conventional
protocols one IGMP the other MLDP.

I thought of using the existing wireshark(ethereal)dissectors to
dissect the payload.
The questions behind is.
- Is It possible to call other dissectors?
- If possible, how to call other dissectors out of "my" dissector?
- If not, what should I do?

I don't know much about networking protocols. Maybe one of the
dissectors does that "calling-other-dissectors" thing?! I think a hint
to that protocol would probably help out.

greetings
Almer

--
done doesn't mean that everything is all right!