Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Patch] CDP dissector (revised)

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 16:28:43 -0700
On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 11:41:29PM +0200, Jaap Keuter wrote:

> Your analysis is correct.
>
> Yes this feature has to work both with or without the tree parameter.

Thanks.  I made some changes to packet-cdp.c to accomplish this and
attached the patch for consideration.

What I changed:

Previously, the code to check each TLV was within an if(tree) statement.
I moved the first two cases of device id and port id outside of that
if(tree).  In each case statements, the info column is updated then an
if(tree) surrounds the code to display that TLV in the tree.  I then
placed an if(tree) around the checks of all the other TLVs.  The patch
shows many lines changed because I indented those lines for the last
if(tree) I mentioned.

Steve