Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Patch] CDP dissector

From: Stephen Fisher <stephentfisher@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:38:27 -0700
On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 11:00:49PM +0200, Jaap Keuter wrote:

> Please switch off 'Colorize packet list' and clear the display filter.
> Your additions disappear as snow in the sun.....
>
> That is because your changes only work when the dissector is called
> with tree != NULL. If it is not (in the circumstances described above)
> no additional COL_INFO will be there.

Thanks for your feedback.  To colorize packets or filter them, it has to
look into the packet to see what is there so tree is set, otherwise it
isn't.  Right?  I can change the code so that it looks into the packet
for these fields if tree is set or not if others think it would be a
useful feature.

Steve