Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] displaying multiple pdu's in one packet asmultiple packets f

From: "Kukosa, Tomas" <tomas.kukosa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 07:42:25 +0200
I think it would be too much to display all lower protocols.
E.g. in our private protocols we disply only highest protocol
information for each PDU and it seems to be the best solution for single
line information.

Better solution could be found when we introduce "multiline
information".

> Well, it's a problem for every transport protocol, TCP (stream) and
> UDP
> (datagram) I've seen this on.
> Not sure what to do. I would like the summary pane to display a
> summary
> of the _frame_ (lowest level entity) captured at that instance in
> time.

If I'm trying to figure out an HTTP or NFS or SMB or... problem, I'd
want to see the summary line present HTTP/NFS/SMB/etc. information,
not Ethernet/802.11/PPP/... information.

If somebody wants an option to show the lowest level information in
the summary line, fine - but I'll turn that option off in my
preferences.