Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] displaying multiple pdu's in one packet as multiple packets

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:50:19 -0700

On Jun 22, 2006, at 3:42 AM, Jaap Keuter wrote:

Well, it's a problem for every transport protocol, TCP (stream) and UDP
(datagram) I've seen this on.
Not sure what to do. I would like the summary pane to display a summary of the _frame_ (lowest level entity) captured at that instance in time.

If I'm trying to figure out an HTTP or NFS or SMB or... problem, I'd want to see the summary line present HTTP/NFS/SMB/etc. information, not Ethernet/802.11/PPP/... information.

If somebody wants an option to show the lowest level information in the summary line, fine - but I'll turn that option off in my preferences.