Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Disectors & conversations

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 19:13:26 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

Technically the TCP ACK only packet isn't part of your protocol, it's an
underlying mechanism that transports the data for you. The whole idea of
protocol layers is that they are independant, it should be possible to
replace TCP with another stream protocol and your application still works.
Think of UNIX sockets for instance. That is why you shouldn't be concerned
with that in relation to your protocol.

Thanx,
Jaap