Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Disectors & conversations

From: "Cook, Timothy" <tcook@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 11:38:31 -0400
We have written a new dissector for Wireshark.  Using the the README.developer (plus other dissector examples) made the creation very simple (thanks for the detailed info).

My dissector hooks TCP port 1000.

How can I hook TCP packets (SYN/FIN/RST/...) and change the Protocol column data to mimic the respective dissector.

I want to be able to filter based on the protocol & get the whole conversation, including the channel open & close.

-Tim