Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] OSX-10.3-PPC build error
From: Martin Mathieson <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 18:07:32 +0100
LEGO wrote:

On 6/20/06, Martin Mathieson <[email protected]> wrote:
Hi,

This is a value that was originally defined in the wiretap module, and
externed in the dissector.
Anders reported that MSVC didn't like it
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=ethereal-dev&m=114501864832632&w=2).

Would MSVC maybe be happy if it were declared extern in
wiretap/catapult_dct2000.h ?
NO, AFAIK a dll cannot read symbols from the dll that loads it.

It's ugly but I think it shoud be defined with diferent names in
wiretap and in epan.

How is a windows build separated into DLLs? Do the dissectors and wiretap code live in different executables?
I'm pretty sure I tested a windows buildbot build and that they
obviously both referred to the same variable.
catapult_dct2000_board_ports_only is a variable that affects the
behaviour of the wiretap module, and I want to control its value from
the dissector preference.  I didn't want to have to call a function.
Martin

Martin

Jaap Keuter wrote:

Hi,